Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Ahhh...summer!


Howdy!

The start of another school year has arrived. I'll be honest and admit that I think I'm even more excited for this school year as I was for last year. And why not? I really enjoy my job. I'm looking forward to continuing as junior class advisor, sporting events, planning the 2009 prom, and planning some neat things for my classes. I am also starting my grad school program this year which I'm looking forward to.

But as much as I enjoy my job, the end of summer is always bittersweet. How could it not be? I can't imagine a much better place to spend summer than here in New England. There are so many options here! And I'm happy to report that I made the most of it.

I visited the Belgrade Lakes region of Maine, spent a couple of days in Hampton Beach, New Hampshire, visited my grandparents in Vermont, did an extensive bike trip in Rhode Island and Connecticut, went camping in upstate New York, and spent plenty of time on Cape Cod biking and kayaking. I also spent a few days in Chicago where I caught baseball games at U.S. Cellular Field and Wrigley Field.

In addition to all that, I attended many, many concerts. Yes...for those of you who know me, music is my passion.

So the first question for you as we start another school year is how did you spend your summer? Do you have any recommendations for a future trip for me? Did you stay local? Visit a foreign country? Or maybe you went to a great concert?

Let me know.

1 comment:

NHS Student Council said...

I also had an amazing summer... my family and I went to Asia for 3 weeks!We visited our parents old homes, visited family, and even took a weeklong tour to Thailand! It was so much fun and defintely a vacation I will never forget.