Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Great Quotes


I'll admit that I'm a sucker for a great quote. I recently had one of my history classes tell me what their favorite quote was. If they didn't have one that came to mind, they had the chance to do some research for something they liked.

Here are a few presidential quotes for thought as we approach the next election:

"Few men have virtue to withstand the highest bidder."
-George Washington


"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
-Thomas Jefferson


"As to the Presidency, the two happiest days of my life were those of my entrance upon the office and my surrender of it."
-Martin Van Buren


"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?"
-Abraham Lincoln


"And so my fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country."
-John F. Kennedy


"America is too great for small dreams."
-Ronald Reagan


"There is nothing wrong in America that can't be fixed with what is right in America."
-Bill Clinton


Do you have a favorite quote? Share it!

2 comments:

NHS Student Council said...

"In the game of life, heridity deals the cards, society makes the rules, but you can still play your own cards."

- Dr. Laurence J. Peter

Jeremy W said...

in the end, its not the years in your life that count,
its the life in your years.