Thursday, September 20, 2007

Anybody out there?

Welcome one and all to my official blog. Gotta admit I've never been one to blog...or to even think about blogging. But due to overwhelming demand, here it is. Just kidding. At any rate, I hope to use this blog to occasionally post my thoughts, musings, and maybe even an occasional rant. No, wait...no rants. Well...maybe.

In actuality, I'd really like to use this space to interact with my students at Norton High School. I might occasionally put up a reflective topic or question that I'd like an opinion on. Possibly a chance for extra credit? Never can tell. I might occasionally incorporate a homework assignment with this blog.

So before I go, do you have something on your mind? An idea for the sophomore class? Thoughts on any current events? The new high school schedule? Summer reading thoughts? New courses you'd like to see taught at the high school?

Until next time.

2 comments:

R G Dewar said...

Hey.
Presume that thousands will be reading your blog and looking forward to the incredible wisdom that is Eric Paulus. Also presume that most people are too humble to respond due to your sheer force of ideas. '
Remember mostly that the blog is for you to put ideas out and process what is going on in your brain. So, pick a few ideas per week and run with them. Promote some ideas with each class and activity. You will be fine. I like the layout. Keep adding to it. You will be a better user and teacher for trying new things.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, what's on my mind? Not too much, it's a Friday which is good, the weekend is almost here and school is almost out, but I was thinking a little about some of the questions that you asked in your blog.

My thoughts on:

Current Events-
I happen to be very pumped for the Senior Cruise coming up on October 13th; it's going to be awesome!!!

The new high school schedule-
I love it!!! I like only having to deal with three classes a day, it's a lot less stressful and easier to handle. I also like the fixed period at the end of everyday because it allows students to take part in different types of options such as Dual Enrollment, and Internships. I myself am internshiping over at the L.G. and love it!!! However, the only down side to this new schedule would have to be the addition of a fourth lunch, I hate when I have it, because it seems like lunch NEVER comes!!! haha

Summer Reading Thoughts-
Unfortunately, I'd have to say that this year was not my favorite year for book choices. I read both Angela's Ashes and The Catcher was a Spy. I thought that Angela's Ashes was extremely depressing, and The Catcher was a Spy was really vapid, seeming to never end.

New Courses???
Hummm, I'm not really sure. I suppose that if I could chose any new course to include at Norton High it would be an English course. I think a poetry class might be nice.

-Stephanie Bryant
Period (E)