Monday, October 22, 2007

I'm Happy...

...for a lot of reasons.

How about the fact that Norton High School had a tremendous showing this past Friday night at the Cann Family Walk-a-Thon. The staff, students, and community really did itself proud. I can tell just how much work went into planning this massive event and all those who assisted in that process deserve a ton of credit. Kudos to everyone involved.

And how about those Red Sox? I feel fortunate to be living in this era of success for the old town team. Think about all the Sox fans from 1918 through 2004 who never got to see their team win anything. We are very lucky to have seen them win it all in 2004 and now they have the chance to do it again. Lets appreciate this while it lasts!

And I'm also happy for the simple fact that I have a loving family, great friends, and a job that I enjoy going to everyday. What is better than that? I think far too often we think about the things we don't have in life and dwell on it. Life goes by far too quickly not to sit back, relax, and enjoy what you have. You'll be a better person for it. Think about it.

1 comment:

R G Dewar said...

I am happy that I have a great student body, a strong staff, and a lot of support. I would like to be in a position where we all are happy about NHS getting what it needs to become a world class high school.