Thursday, January 17, 2008

Free time


I recently answered some questions for The Lance concerning what I do with my free time on the weekends. Free time has been at a premium lately as this tends to be one of the busiest times of the year for a teacher. However, it got me thinking about those hobbies that we all have that we don't get to participate in as often as we'd like. You know what I'm talking about...those things you really enjoy doing but due to your schedule you just never seem to be able to find the time for?

I go through spurts where I really enjoy photography. The great thing about it is that you sometimes surprise yourself by capturing beauty in a seemingly ordinary object. Take for instance this shot of a random tree branch that happened to be in my way...

What do you do in your precious free time? Is there anything you wish you had more time for?

7 comments:

Mrs. Young said...

Free time - what's that? I have two very busy kids. I have no free time, but I'm not complaining. I love to watch them play hockey and participate in all of their other activities. Someday I will have more free time and I will miss this.

Dr. Kefor said...

I like to draw, walk my dog, and goof around with my son. Like Mr. Paulus, I also like photography- digital cameras enable virtually anyone to take good pictures. You can check out some of mine at http://keforsblog.blogspot.com.

School To Career said...

Freetime, mine comes mostly in the summer. My garden is a source of great enjoyment. My daughter and I spend all the time possible outside, hiking, gardening, and letterboxing, making memmories. Shw will not be small forever.

NHS Student Council said...

In my free time, I surf blogs :)
In all seriousness, free time is when I can do whatever I want without feeling guilty. This can include baking, beading, taking a nap, reading ...
But enough of this blogging! Back to homework!

Coach Taylor said...

Free Time? Free Time? Are you serious Coach Pizzle? You actually had time to take a picture? I am soooo jealous! I need to work you harder. I'm telling your boss your not working hard enough if you can galavant around snapping pictures!

~KT~

R G Dewar said...

Like one other blogger wrote, a great deal of time can be spent reading NHS blogs. Almost a full-time job.
I golf, travel, take pictures, bring my kids to karate and piano, write my own blogs. I do not make balloon animals, take walks on the beach, surf, or overhaul car engines.

Cindy said...

Okay so me and Erik were randomly talking about how we wish there was some kind of photography club at our school. Every other school has a class or a club realating to photography and we think it would be fun. So since you like photography, I think you should start one! I know of a couple more people that would be interested, and for me personally it would be amazing, since I want to do something with photography when I go to college. But before that, I'd like to have some background and experience with it. You should definatly consider it!